(845) 254-5600 ext. 1344
PRESENTED BY THE BELLEAYRE CONSERVATORY
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
THE NYS OLYMPIC REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY.
MEL LITOFF, EXECUTIVE AND ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Folk - Rock - Opera - Classical - Broadway - Dance - Jazz
|Brooklyn @ Belleayre
Brooklyn @ Belleayre
Saturday, August 30
Brooklyn @ Belleayre
The Hold Steady
Things to know about The Hold Steady:
* "Teeth Dreams" is the sixth album from one of America's most acclaimed rock bands.
* This is their first release in four years. Their last, "Heaven is Whenever," came out in May 2010.
* The songs on "Teeth Dreams" came together over the past three years. Many of them went through significant changes along the way. Four years is the most time between any two The Hold Steady releases.
* Guitarist Steve Selvidge joined The Hold Steady for the "Heaven is Whenever" tour. "Teeth Dreams" is the first THS release where Selvidge participated in the writing and recording. A number of the songs were written at sessions in Memphis, where Steve lives.
* The album was produced and mixed by Nick Raskulinecz. Nick has produced records by Foo Fighters, Rush, Alice in Chains, Deftones, Ghost and more.
* "Teeth Dreams" was recorded and mixed at Rock Falcon Studios in Franklin, TN. It is the first record that THS has made outside of the NYC area.
* This five-piece line up (two guitars, bass, drums, vocals) of the band showcases a bigger and tougher sound. The guitars are especially present on this release.
* This is the first release on the band's own Positive Jams imprint, which is in partnership with Washington Square/Razor & Tie.
* The title "Teeth Dreams" refers to a common nighttime dream. Dreams about teeth are usually triggered by anxiety. Anxiety is a theme that shows up in a number of songs on the album.
* The band recently launched an official fan club called The Unified Scene, and released a five song covers EP to the members of the club.
* The Hold Steady played their first show in 2003. They are entering their second decade as a band. The Hold Steady has been cited as influential by numerous rock acts such as Japandroids, Titus Andronicus, Frank Turner and many others.
* THS has toured heavily, and has played at least one show in all 50 states. They achieved this in summer 2013 when they played a show in Wyoming, the last state on their list.
Big Data is a paranoid electronic music project from the Internet, formed out of a general distrust for technology and The Cloud (despite a growing dependence on them). Helmed by producer, Alan Wilkis, Big Data aims to explore the relationship between man and machine, and how the internet has reshaped the human experience.
Lily & The Parlour Tricks
The Tricks dive deep into the well of musical Americana and resurface with a wild stylistic brew. Lily's songwriting influences range from The Andrews Sisters to Nine Inch Nails, with heavy doses of both millennial pop and early rock n' roll. "Combining dissonant guitar riffs with angelic vocal harmonies, Lily & The Parlour Tricks are the perfect combo of pretty and gritty... the band has a mysterious depth that holds audiences transfixed through their salty and sweet set." (The Wild Magazine). Their first EP was recorded live to tape at the legendary Daptone Studios in Brooklyn, and they are currently hard at work on a decidedly different, full-length album with producer Emery Dobyns in Nashville. Their newest single, "Belle Gunness", is "...a tense, stomping electric gospel [which] definitely takes things to the next level through a newfound sonic boldness" (The Deli Magazine). The song is currently being featured in the latest BMW commercial. With their soaring harmonies, raucous attitude and "deadly sex appeal" (Aesthetes Anonymous), these friendly sh*t-talkers keep their audiences dancing and howling for more.
- Their new single "Requiem" was premiere on Paste Magazine, here:
The video for "Requiem" was premiered by Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy:
The band has also recently released, "Belle Gunness" that is currently featured in the new BMW commercial:
Keep checking our website at www.belleayremusic.org for the latest listing of bands who will be playing. This show will be presented on multiple stages.
Your attendance at this event will also benefit Brooklyn's Horizon's Foundation providing academic support and enrichment to students in grades K-8 as well as the Belleayre Conservatory.
Net proceeds go to benefit Horizons At Brooklyn Friends School and the Belleayre Conservatory.
Currently entering its seventh year, Horizons at Brooklyn Friends School serves low income public school children in the Downtown Brooklyn area. This nationally recognized program, will have 90 students enrolled this summer, focusing on providing them academic support and enrichment for students in grades K-8.You can read more at www.horizonsnational.org/brooklyn
All 2014 Concerts